Upgrading the sound system

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Upgrading the sound system

Upgrading the sound system

Just got my new 2015 XV last week. If I want to upgrade all the speakers, what brand to you recommend? Amazon-available?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

In the classified section of this forum, a guy is selling his kicker upgrade speakers and sub with built in amp. This may interest you.

how much you wanna spend? For a hundo you could get four 6.5 inch coaxial speakers from the likes of sony, pioneer, kicker, and others. Spend 200 and you could get some nice alpines, infinitys,or polks with arguably better sound and or quality. I wouldn't spend more than that on better speakers without an amp. I got some Polks on close out for dirt cheap. My whole install is in my build thread if you wanna see what you are getting into. I'd be happy to help if you need anything. Also, you gotta join us at the next off road event.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I got the Kicker speaker set that is a direct fit for the Subaru Crosstrek, they sound great and super fast and easy to install.

Quote Originally Posted by jbear View Post
    I got the Kicker speaker set that is a direct fit for the Subaru Crosstrek, they sound great and super fast and easy to install.
    That's an easy way to upgrade yourself in about an hour your done.

Quote Originally Posted by coletrain View Post
    how much you wanna spend? For a hundo you could get four 6.5 inch coaxial speakers from the likes of sony, pioneer, kicker, and others. Spend 200 and you could get some nice alpines, infinitys,or polks with arguably better sound and or quality. I wouldn't spend more than that on better speakers without an amp. I got some Polks on close out for dirt cheap. My whole install is in my build thread if you wanna see what you are getting into. I'd be happy to help if you need anything. Also, you gotta join us at the next off road event.
    I've been following your build thread and I love all the work you've done! I want to upgrade my sound system as well and I found these on Amazon:
    Amazon.com: Polk Audio DB651 6.5-Inch Coaxial Speakers: Car Electronics

Would these be similar to the ones you installed? Also, how is the under seat subwoofer working for you?

TFYR

Quote Originally Posted by dlago View Post
    I've been following your build thread and I love all the work you've done! I want to upgrade my sound system as well and I found these on Amazon:
    Amazon.com: Polk Audio DB651 6.5-Inch Coaxial Speakers: Car Electronics

Would these be similar to the ones you installed? Also, how is the under seat subwoofer working for you?
    TFYR
    Thank you. Yes they are very similar and should serve you well. The sub is great but I should have screwed it down, it shifted and caused a rattle, I moved it back but I know I need to secure it now. I will sooner or later. It came with bolt down feet and screws so I shoulda used them.

I already have two Alpine 6.5-Inch speakers that I bought for $50 at a Best Buy open box sale (regularly $79). I could get two more of the same, - just wondering if the amp in the stock radio is good enough for them. I have a car-kit XM Satellite radio that I use.

I don't want a subwoofer

You have the model number of those Alpines? I would like to know the specs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast