Best Buy - Polk DXi650 6.5" Speakers - $39.99 (60% off) - Free Shipping

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Best Buy - Polk DXi650 6.5" Speakers - $39.99 (60% off) - Free Shipping

For those looking for door speakers for their XV in the US, Best Buy has an excellent deal on Polk DXi-650 6.5" speakers for $39.99 - Polk Audio 612" Coaxial Loudspeakers with PolyMica Cones Pair DXI650 - Best Buy. The regular price on these speakers is $99.99. The DXi series is the big box store version of the popular DB line of Polk speakers. They are highly rated everywhere.

I don't know how long the sales is on for but for 60% off, it's a good price.

Crutchfield sells the DB651 (which is the DB series version) for $99.99 - Polk Audio db651 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers for 6-1/2" and 6-3/4" openings at Crutchfield.com. Amazon sells them for $55.30 - Amazon.com: Polk Audio DB651 6.5-Inch Coaxial Speakers: Car Electronics.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks rlouie! I just picked up a set. This is a very good deal. I thought that the Amazon ones were a good deal but this beats that by a lot.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by LaVike View Post
    Thanks rlouie! I just picked up a set. This is a very good deal. I thought that the Amazon ones were a good deal but this beats that by a lot.
    Exactly! At $20 per speaker (including free shipping), you can't go wrong. Just don't buy the speaker wire adapters from Best Buy... get them from Amazon!

BTW. The web limits purchase amounts to one set per transaction... just do two transactions

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    I hate to report that the deal is now dead.... It's gone up to $74.99 for these speakers which is still 25% off the regular price but a better price can be had from the DB651s...

Awesome! Been meaning to upgrade for a long time. Are these plug and play or other items are needed for the install?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by killak View Post
    You will need adapters.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    For my American friends - $6.03 set of two - Amazon.com: Metra 72-8104 Speaker Connector for Select Toyota Vehicles: Electronics

For my Canadian friends - $6.59 set of two - Metra 72-8104 Speaker Connector for Select Toyota Vehicles: Amazon.ca: Electronics

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by spamandeggs View Post
    Awesome! Been meaning to upgrade for a long time. Are these plug and play or other items are needed for the install?
    As mentioned, speaker wire adapters are handy so you don't have to splice the wire...

The other thing would be physical speaker adapters so that they mount into place. I've read reports that the the universal adapters which come with the speakers will work with a bit of "adjustment". I haven't gotten the speakers yet so I haven't installed them yet. Some people make their own adapters out of a sheet of PVC or a plastic chopping block.

And an optionally necessary item would be sound deadening/dampening for the door trim while you are installing the speakers. You can probably feel your door trim vibrate with the music... that's a bad thing in terms of sound as the vibration will cause noise which will interfere with the music.... Sound dampening will reduce the vibrations in the trim thereby improving your sound.

I finally ordered a set. I have Rainbows in the front and Polk dB651 coaxials in the rear, but I had a $10 BB reward and for $31 it was too cheap to pass up to have them as spares for...something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast