Usb playing issues

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Usb playing issues

Usb playing issues

I've had my XV crosstrek for about 6 weeks, and every time i play my usb it will let me select the folders, audio tracks and it will play. For some reason after 1 or 2 songs it just stops playing. If i select FM then go back to USB it starts playing where I left off. I have tried 3 different USB sticks and its done this to all of them. I have them as WMA files and I thought that was the issue, so I ripped 5 cds to mp3 and same thing happened. is it possible that i need to re-format my USB and has anyone else had this issue. Sometimes after it quitting 2 or 3 times it will play fine for awhile then it happens again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Interesting experience... I use USB stick, USB hard drive and Sansa Fuze with my ZV, and the only time it will not play is I have songs with higher encoding (or incompatible format). Since you have ripped your song in MP3 (max is 320kbps bit-rate), perhaps try formatting the stick to ExFAT.
    2012 Subaru XV 2.0i Premium CVT, DGM
    2010 Subaru Impreza 2.0R Sport 5-speed manual dual-range, DGM

I haven't had any issues like that. I plug in my IPOD Nano and have had no issues.

Apple products, such as your Nano, or my Nano and iPod Classic, are treated differently than a plain USB device. And recently, I am having a problem with iPod devices.
    2012 Subaru XV 2.0i Premium CVT, DGM
    2010 Subaru Impreza 2.0R Sport 5-speed manual dual-range, DGM

I had strange issues if I used a 32G USB. Once changed it to a 8G USB (as suggested in the driving manual) then no problem so far.

I prepared a USB stick for a test. It's a 4GB stick. It zaps through the folders in alphabetical order and through the tracks in album order. I'll see if it stops playing or not.

My car seems to have no problems coping with my 8 GB USB stick.
    It does however have a weird playback issue : when it reaches the end of an album it just keeps on looking for the next track, rather than skip to the next folder. It's not a big hassle to go to the next folder manually but it's weird.

Well i bought a San disk cruzer fit 8gb USB and so far this has been working without any of the issues i noted originally in my post. So i guess it was the USB sticks i was using.

I've been having a problem with a USB stick. If I turn on RANDOM and hit NEXT it's only playing songs that start with A-B-C-D. Not totally random.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast