Speaker upgrade

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Speaker upgrade

Speaker upgrade

Has anyone done a speaker upgrade yet?
    If so what size speakers fit in the stock holes?
    The stock one's sound a litle mudy to me. I might try some sound deadening sheet's and acoustic damping tiles and see how it sounds first. I will give it a go after x-mas when i find some time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I've been looking for days for speaker size on this forum so if it has been posted please point us in the right direction. I plan on upgrading to JL audio component set in the front and coaxial in the back but need to know the size.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

If you look at Crutchfield, the proper size shows up if you search for the 2012 impreza. I just replaced the stock speakers, which really suck (see image) if you don't have the upgraded ones. I'm still not happy with my install because there is a huge resonance around 100 hz, but the sound so much better.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    Attached Images

What brand of speakers are you going with? I'm in between JL Audio C2-650 and Focal Access 165A1. Same price on amazon. A friend who owns a custom shop recommended JL but the reviews on Focal's are better on every website.

I got some Infinity Kappas (which are now discontinued I think). Nothing special really, but similar to the component focals you are looking at. One thing that is tricky is figuring out what to do with those big crossovers. I didn't want to disassemble the dashboard looking for a place. So I ended up shoving them into the tweeter hole on the top of the dash (I had to remove the plastic case, and even cut the circuit board to make it fit!). So now the door speakers are still full range, and only the tweeters have the crossover. The fronts sound good (Infinity 60.9cs). My coax door speakers (also Infinity Kappas) sound like crap.
    I'll probably redo this at some point since I'm not happy with the sound still.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'll probably redo this at some point since I'm not happy with the sound still.
    I suggest you use the crossover the way it is designed.
    2012 Subaru XV 2.0i Premium CVT, DGM
    2010 Subaru Impreza 2.0R Sport 5-speed manual dual-range, DGM

I have used BOSTON ACOUSTICS in my cars and home for a long time now so that will be my first port of call, i will also go and check out the FOCAL K2 range and see what sounds the best to me. IF YOU DO BYE ONLINE WATCH OUT THER IS A LOT OF FAKE STUFF OUT THERE AND IT IS VEREY HARD TO TELL BY LOOKING AT IT.

Boston acoustics are nice I have that from factory on my current vehicle I'm trading for the XV and my wife's Chrysler 200. Sounds really good but its out of my price range.