Kicker Upgrade specs

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TarHeelDead

Thread: Kicker Upgrade specs

Kicker Upgrade specs

I'm sorry if this has been covered in previous threads.
    Does anybody know the specs of the Kicker upgrades offered by Subaru? I'm trying to decide if it's easier to use the Kickers, or go to a shop for a installation.
    Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I've asked Subaru the same thing, here are their responses:

Door Speakers:
    Thank you for your patience. Parts just called me to advise that the door speakers are part of the information they had already sent to me. Below are the upgraded door speaker specs:

2012 Impreza Speaker Kit
    - What is the benefit? Kicker coaxial speaker upgrade creates a sound experience with clear, crisp sound with cleanly defined low, mid and high ranges
    - Who makes the speakers? Manufactured for Subaru of America by Kicker®
    - How do they install? Drop-in factory upgrade for easy fitment w/ Plug & Play connections
    - What are the specifications?
    o 6” coaxial construction w/ a massive motor structure provides ultimate power handling, high efficiency & premium performance
    o Extended Voice Coil (EVC™) technology for high excursion and superior bass response
    o Tapered curvilinear polymer cone with Santoprene® surround provides smooth transition from mid to high frequencies for accurate reproduction of the complete audio bandwidth
    o Calibrated-dome tweeters with phase alignment reveal every detail
    o Rated Input = 65 Watts RMS
    o Max Input = 195 Watts RMS
    o Impedance = 4 Ohms
    o Resonance = 68 Hz
    o Output SPL = 90db @ 1Watt/1 Meter
    o Frequency Response = 43Hz – 21kHz
    Take care,

Lana Downs

Customer Dealer Services

Tweeters:
    Thank you for your patience. We were able to obtain some specs for you on the requested accessories. Please see the following:

Tweeter Kit – H631SFJ100
    - What is the benefit? Bass as an important addition to any audio system, but sometimes it simply isn’t enough to consider it “great-sounding.” A pair of high-performance Tweeters sweetens the high end of the spectrum and completes the ultimate musical experience. Tweeters provide the high-range clarity that a system requires, adding live-performance realism in any vehicle
    - Who makes the tweeters? Manufactured for Subaru of America by Kicker®
    - How do they install? Drop-in factory upgrade for easy fitment and Plug and Play connections
    - What are the specifications?
    o Calibrated 22mm Titanium-dome tweeters with phase alignment reveal every detail of your music
    o Rated Input = 150 Watts RMS
    o Max Input = 300 Watts Peak
    o Impedance = 4 Ohms
    o Resonance = N/A (crossed over above resonant frequency)
    o Output SPL = 94db @ 1Watt/1 Meter
    o Frequency Response = 3.5kHz – 21kHz

When I first tried to contact Kicker to bypass Subaru customer service (expecting them to be non-technical, which was correct):
    Unfortunately due to our contract with Subaru we are unable to give out the specifics on the products we specifically design for their vehicles. They technically own all the information and it would be a violation for us to give out this info. Subaru Customer Care should be able to help you with this information as they have requested all inquiries be directed to them at 1-800-Subaru3. Customer support is one of their top priorities and they would like to be able to help you personally.

Coaxial in all four doors, plus titanium dome tweeters in dash? What kind of setup is this? Too much highs, no? Don't your ears feel seared?

The info is what I was looking for, not the speakers.
    Gotta have some bass, but I like the highs........

Glad I had the info to help out.

The first time Subaru responded to my info request, here's what they said:
    Thank you for your email received by Subaru of America, Inc. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Congratulations on the purchase of your 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek! We hope that you are enjoying many happy miles and appreciate that you chose the Subaru brand for your vehicle needs.

The following are the Part Numbers and information for the products you inquired about. If you need further details, please visit your local Subaru dealership Parts Department.

10 Inch Powered Subwoofer

Provides powerful deep bass, and also assists in clean sound reproduction from all vehicle speakers. This is achieved by its integrated 100W amplifier and passive crossover network. The self contained unit mounts behind the rear seat. Manufactured for Subaru of America, Inc. by Kicker.

H630SFJ000

Upgraded Speakers

Replacement speakers result in enhanced sound clarity and high-end definition. Manufactured for Subaru of America, Inc. by Kicker.

H631SFJ000

Tweeter Kit

Tweeter speakers help to enhance high-frequency response. Manufactured for Subaru of America, Inc. by Kicker.

H631SFJ100

If you have future comments or questions, please contact us again.

Sincerely,

Lana Downs
    Subaru of America, Inc.
    Customer/Dealer Services Department
    1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-2783)

Notice the massive lack of details... At least when I responded they gave detailed info like I was looking for instead of just the regurgitated marketing statements, haha.

FYI the details/responses from Subaru are from back in May 2013.

The door speakers have nearly identical (except the mounting brackets) in regular production:
    Kicker KS60 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

At the time, the tweeters didn't have any identical production equivalents that were just the tweeters, I didn't look to see if that's changed.

I didn't do the upgrade myself since the audio from iPod and bluetooth is lightyears beyond FM. If I only listened to radio, the info from Subaru about the speakers would've been more helpful to me since I'd have long ago upgraded the speakers.

So at $200 for two Crutchfield speaker sets you are almost equal to cost of Subaru site and at least with those it's a plug-in app. I am not a electrical wizard so easy is best for me.
    Still pondering if the local sound shop could better the main unit and four speakers. Already did the tweeter upgrade and it did help(or am I imagining things....)

I replaced the 4 door speakers with RF P165s and the highs are screaming but the bass is still garbage. I added a 10 inch powered sub

Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate P300-10 Punch Powered Loaded 10-Inch Subwoofer Enclosure: Electronics

to level out the lows and it does a nice job but the factory receiver can't push the door speakers appropriately. I will be adding a 4 channel amp to boost the doors. I want to keep the factory receiver to prevent losing my steering wheel controls and/or bluetooth. I haven't decided if I want to get aftermarket tweeters or not. I may just disconnect the ones in the dash all together and see how that sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Natethehoslayer View Post
    I want to keep the factory receiver to prevent losing my steering wheel controls and/or bluetooth.
    Read this thread:

Rosen Navigation