Need Help W/ Wiring a Line Output Converter

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread

Need Help W/ Wiring a Line Output Converter

Hello.

I apologize if this is posted or stickied somewhere else, I did search, but I was unable to find what I was looking for.

I have a 2016 Subaru Crosstrek Limited. I am trying to install an aftermarket amp and sub in the car.

To do this, I was told that I need to splice in a line output converter to the rear speaker wires that go into the head unit.

This is the line output converted that I intend to purchase.
    Metra Two Channel Line Output Converter TC-LOC2 - Best Buy

I am unable to find a wiring diagram for this OEM head unit. And the unfortunate result, is that if I don't know what wires to splice into, then the project is pretty much halted before I start. I would prefer to have everything planned out and know that I will be able to complete the job before I start tearing out components.

I did find this post:
    My Install of Amp and Sub to Stock Headunit, 2015 XV Crosstrek

But the pictures provided for the wiring portion of the install didn't really show me what needed to be spliced.

If anyone has a link to a wiring diagram, so that I can get this done, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Left Rear - red/black - white/red +,-
    Right Rear - red/white - gray/green +,-

If you pop out the radio you should find them in the smaller 6pin plug. New crosstreks dont have the 20 pin plug the older ones did. You can also grab them in there respective door sills. much easier and no need to take the radio out to do that.

When i installed my amp i just tagged the left rear speaker leads in the drivers door sill panel. My amp has signal sense turn on so it turns on and off on its own from the A/C signal on the speaker lines so i dont have a LOC installed. Principal is the same though. You'll just need to run a remote wire from the fuse box to turn your amp on and off.

What products are you installing?

Also:

2016 7" navi radio pinout

Quote Originally Posted by JMLoughrey View Post
    Left Rear - red/black - white/red +,-
    Right Rear - red/white - gray/green +,-

If you pop out the radio you should find them in the smaller 6pin plug. New crosstreks dont have the 20 pin plug the older ones did. You can also grab them in there respective door sills. much easier and no need to take the radio out to do that.

When i installed my amp i just tagged the left rear speaker leads in the drivers door sill panel. My amp has signal sense turn on so it turns on and off on its own from the A/C signal on the speaker lines so i dont have a LOC installed. Principal is the same though. You'll just need to run a remote wire from the fuse box to turn your amp on and off.

What products are you installing?
    So, if I am reading this correctly...

Left rear: red/bkack is positive, white/red is negative.
    Right rear: red/white is positive, gray/green is negative.

Splicing in from the doors is an interesting suggestion, and could save a lot of headache. Especially since I'm pulling the door panels off anyway to put in some sound deadening sheets.

To answer your question, I am installing a Kenwood 350W amp, and a JBL 10" Sub. I had it installed in my 2002 WRX, but since I no longer have that car, I figured I'd just re-use it in the Crosstrek.

The newer plugs are the same as the Toyota's. For some reason, the rears sound flatter than the front. It's like the loudness control is turned off. A phase control did not help so I ended up tapping the front speakers.

+ Reply to Thread