Stock vs Vibrant bottle resonator? - Page 2

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Stock vs Vibrant bottle resonator?

the sti one wont fit if you have a hitch installed. check junk yards and body shops. I got mine for 150 at a body shop inly had 3000 miles on it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by airgrunt82 View Post
    the sti one wont fit if you have a hitch installed. check junk yards and body shops. I got mine for 150 at a body shop inly had 3000 miles on it.
    Yes, it will not fit with the hitch

Well I bit the bullet and figured I'd save money by deleting the resonator altogether instead of buying a bottle resonator in the first place. ( I can always add it later ).

Definitely made the exhaust boomy and powerful sounding, but without the high pitch drone that my delete had. It seems that the Nameless 5" muffler makes the exhaust deeper sounding than the factory resonator.
    I had some terrible drone, and noticed that the tailpipe tip (which is already close to the bumper as you know how it is with Nameless) was shifted upwards a little bit. I trimmed the exhaust cutout with a knife and the drone is nearly gone.

In low RPM, it is a very powerful and pronounced exhaust tone with the classic subaru bup bup bup. I mean... POWERFUL. After 3k rpm, it starts to smooth out but at WOT it does buzz like a ricer. I usually shift at 3k so that's not a problem.
    Highway cruising at 3k rpm, there is a subtle drone which is worlds better than the delete. I can hear my radio just fine with the windows up. Windows down, you're gonna hear that sexy sound from the exhaust. At idle you can hear the burble, but it's not loud enough to feel the vibrations (quieter than a delete). It reminded me of my old WRX with the invidia N1 street catback with stock DP.

I love it! And if worse comes to worse, I can always add a bottle resonator later. I wouldn't recommend this for CVT Crosstreks though, as it is quite powerful sounding at 3k rpm and lower. Sound wise - I would say that the muffler delete is louder and more high pitched. This is just a powerful low tone.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Wanted to add that cold start is extremely loud, but goes away once the engine is warmed up. Sounded like my old Stage 2 protuned WRX with a catted turboback to an invidia N1 muffler. It was the sound I was hoping to get!

Soon I'll be getting my new wheels and KO2 and then the car will look the part, instead of being a stock looking car with an aggressive exhaust lol.

do you have a soundclip? I'm thinking to take out the resonator as well but worried about the droning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2