Bigger Injectors, Fuel Rails, and Larger Fuel Pump

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Bigger Injectors, Fuel Rails, and Larger Fuel Pump

Bigger Injectors, Fuel Rails, and Larger Fuel Pump

Hey Crosstrek fam. I am trying to figure out what size our fuel injectors are in the FB20 (I have a 2014 Crosstrek) and I would like to swap them for larger ones as well as obviously getting a better/bigger fuel pump, which is a must with bigger injectors. I will most likely do the fuel pump first since that won't change anything at all, but what should I do for the fuel injectors? I would also like to update the fuel rails and try to make the engine bay look a little cooler with some colored rails. Does anyone have any insight or suggestions? Knowing the stock fuel injector size would be one of my first goals of the thread, but hopefully we can put our heads together and look for some answers. Also I'm planning on doing a supercharger in the future so the larger injectors/pump will be beneficial to that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I don't know about the injectors, but the stock pump flows 170-210 LPH, according to Spectra. The most I've seen the engine need, even tuned, is 35 LPH, according to my ScanGauge. Just some food for thought.

Me, personally, I like overbuilding to minimize future issues. So if you do upgrade the pump, I'd suggest the AEM 320lph pump. Ethanol compatible, fits in the stock location (even with our funky filter design). And can flow 10x the current needed fuel, and there is no chance you'll ever force 10x the air in the chamber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by grizz View Post
    Thats great info, Thanks. Could I maybe just go with a 250-265lph pump?
    I'm sure you could. I've heard good things about the Walbro 255, but I can't confirm fitment, as I've never seen one in person. I used the AEM 320 in my old B5, so I'm familiar with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you are positive about the fit of the AEM 320 pump? Thanks for the replies btw

I just fitted the WALBRO GSS342 kit into my XV - had to mod a couple of parts but otherwise the car is loving it. Working very nicely

Its the 255 liter per hr unit, the stock pump is just 83 liters per hr and was certainly not going to hold up to the demands of supercharging

So, now that we have a handle on the fuel pump ... how about the other topics? Injectors? Rails? Here's the rumor - late model WRX top feed injectors (565cc) are drop in for the Crosstrek; fuel rails are identical (?).
    My interest is for my pending turbo install. The pumps, rails, injectors - have to be able to handle the additional fuel requirements. Not sure if the stock Crosstrek gear will handle 5-10lbs boost.

most of the supercharger and turbo kits out there do 5-7lbs of boost
    __ ~~0`
    __ (/> __
    ( # )/-*-/( # )

Those Who Live Without Risk, Risk Not Living At All!

All the turbo kits I've found for the Crosstrek run at 8psi and the supercharger kits run from 7-9psi. I personally am going to do a supercharger if I like the redesign of the Raptor Supercharger kit with the intercooler. However, I have heard complaints that the supercharger is super loud and whiney so I don't know if that is something I'd want. I'd rather here turbo sounds haha.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
    So, now that we have a handle on the fuel pump ... how about the other topics? Injectors? Rails? Here's the rumor - late model WRX top feed injectors (565cc) are drop in for the Crosstrek; fuel rails are identical (?).
    My interest is for my pending turbo install. The pumps, rails, injectors - have to be able to handle the additional fuel requirements. Not sure if the stock Crosstrek gear will handle 5-10lbs boost.
    Thats awesome news to hear that there is a possibility of the wrx injectors fitting in the FB20. Do you know anything about the ignition coils? I also thought that tgv deletes could be a nice mod. It seems as if more and more 2008-2014 wrx hatch parts fit the Crosstrek cleanly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast