Bigger Injectors, Fuel Rails, and Larger Fuel Pump - Page 2

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Bigger Injectors, Fuel Rails, and Larger Fuel Pump

Quote Originally Posted by grizz View Post
    Do you know anything about the ignition coils?
    It's on my list. Subispeed has a set for the BRZ - but, if the WRX swaps are easier, that's for me (amazing how many wrecked 14+ WRX's are out there... sup NJ? no driver's licenses?). Just heard that the front through back WRX exhaust pipe (not muffler) is a direct fit (that's not on my list - the existing Crosstrek piping is fine ... SS).
    Gawd I hope nobody says "you should have bought a WRX". No, I bought the Crosstrek for the clearance and off-roadability. WRX has neither -- but that turbo (and FA20)...nomnom.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Ahh you're speaking my language now!! I despise when people on this forum respond to stuff with their opinion on us petrolheads wanting more power out of a car. If it were a car that we shouldn't be modifying and working on, then why is there a forum for it..? Lol. Anyways, I thought about grabbing a wrx catback however 3" piping is just too damn big for this car. I've been leaning more towards building the FB20 for fun to see what potential it really has, but a full wrx swap would be a lot easier and the best bang for your buck. The only thing I don't like about the FA20 is the turbo location, seems like a pita to access.

Anyways, I thought about grabbing a wrx catback however 3" piping is just too damn big for this car. I've been leaning more towards building the FB20 for fun to see what potential it really has, but a full wrx swap would be a lot easier and the best bang for your buck. The only thing I don't like about the FA20 is the turbo location, seems like a pita to access.
    That's exactly what I'm doing. When I watch MRT video's and see that it can be done professionally, heck, I'm all in. I'm not sure about the exhaust, but at a Growlfest in Denver last year, there was a Crosstrek with the WRX exhaust front to back. It looked good, sounded good, but still, no power. This FB20 motor needs a bump - 5-10lbs boost bump. XD

Good list and info from MRT:
    POWER UPGRADE GUIDE FOR MY11 AND ONWARDS SUBARU XV 2 LITRE

Last edited by OrangeCrush; 01-13-2017 at 04:28 PM. Reason: add link
    Skidplates - Primitive Triple Lift - SUMO 2" + Subframe Tires - Yoko A/T-S 215/60R17 Rock Sliders - Turbo or ETurbo -

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Everyone that has turbo'd the FB20 has seen engine problems/failure so far that I am aware of. It sucks that these manufacturers like AVO and Raptor don't have any reviews or customer feedback or anything really on how reliable it is. For $3000+, I'd like to see some truth in how good these products are because a full swap won't be too much further than the entry price of the turbocharger kits or supercharger kits.

For $3000+, I'd like to see some truth in how good these products are because a full swap won't be too much further than the entry price of the turbocharger kits or supercharger kits.
    I'm finding 15+ (2.0l, FA20T) totalled WRXs (front drivetrain intact) for about 1500.00. I've no idea what the swap, in time, would take, but I'd give it a go. ...before I do that, gotta get another daily. Probably a used Forester XT.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
    I'm finding 15+ (2.0l, FA20T) totalled WRXs (front drivetrain intact) for about 1500.00. I've no idea what the swap, in time, would take, but I'd give it a go. ...before I do that, gotta get another daily. Probably a used Forester XT.
    If you get a used XT (especially the current generation), you might be tempted to put that engine in instead!

Quote Originally Posted by rlouie View Post
    If you get a used XT (especially the current generation), you might be tempted to put that engine in instead!
    I know that's right, but my funds only go to a very used, (advertised) slightly running, overheating, need new boots, worn everything kinda XT.

Banned
    OC, youre alright. Good on you for trying this. I would call around to different dealerships and ask to talk to a tech, heck, even call out of state. Chances are, though, a tech over on NASIOC could get that info. They have access. Mighty car mods did a homebrew test of injector output. You should look up the video. It was the injector install on the "2sexy" project.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2