Towing Camper Trailers

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Towing Camper Trailers

Towing Camper Trailers

Hi guys. I am new to this forum. Have just ordered a Dark Grey XV S. So excited, they said worst case scenario, order delivery is August.

Has anyone tested towing a cub camper before ? Our camper is around 600-700 kgs.

Wondering how it goes towing up hills.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I tow a camper trailer and she pulls real well especially the hills u don't have to worry they can pull allot
    I tow this camper trailer

And this trailer with no problems
    Last edited by ScoobyXV-L; 05-21-2012 at 12:44 AM.
    Jason
    ScoobyXV- L
    MY15 Subaru Forester 2.5i S
    Crystal White Pearl (Snow)
    Ceramic Pro
    CVT

Fuelly - 6.8L - 1/100km
    Build Thread - http://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/s...xv-2-0i-l.html
    http://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/o...er-2-5i-s.html
    ]

Hi Jason

Just one question....? What does your camper trailer weigh, I had a 19' van with my last car 3.0 Nissan diesel which we sold when we sold the Nissan. I am considering purchasing a small 13' caravan that weighs around 1100Kg but unsure if the XV would manage it or if it would do too much damage to the engine. Would not consider any towing of any nature until she has done around 10,000k anyway.

Regards

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Scooby, thanks for the reply but my trailer is much heavier than yours it seems.

By the way love your car.... Real eye turner.

Max xv can tow is 850 unbraked and 1400 braked
    My camper trailer weighs under 850
    I've only done 3000 km and I tow abit actually towing all the way from Syd to Qld in July

Thanx so much. Can't wait too check it out myself. I read that some people had issues with the Stop start function. Have you had any issues?

Thank you remember to post pic of your xv hen receive her

towing camper...

my Prolite Suite tows great behind my XV MT. Registering 9.4 L / 100 Km (30 MPG (Imp Gal)) towing this camper trailer plus 2 mtbikes on the roof provided I keep speed to ~100 K/hr. Best part is with XV I can get well back on bush access roads and even off road for some quiet boon docking

more pics here...
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1131255...?noredirect=1#

BCD, that looks great! What a sweet little camper
    I recently bought a teardrop camper which we are currently renovating. I'm not sure yet if we are going to keep it or sell it when it's finished, but if we do keep it then I'll put a tow bar on the XV.
    Deborah

Coming Soon! 'Sunny' Sunshine Orange MY18 XV-S CVT
    ...replacing 'Lovely' Tangerine Orange Pearl MY12 XV-S CVT

My XV Journal Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast