Towing Camper Trailers - Page 7

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Towing Camper Trailers

Quote Originally Posted by Butch_Coolidge View Post
    Hey, who needs a tiny house with that set up? Awesome .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Funny you should mention that. My wife and I live in a tiny house (on foundation) already. 8) 325sq ft.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hessehesse View Post
    Hi - I bought a 2016 CrossTrek non-hybrid and just completed a second 210 mile trip and back towing a 1969 Serro Scotty trailer. It's listed weight is 1200 pounds, and I easily had 1500 with the spare tire, jack, clothes, food, beer etc in it. So this is Colorado and I went over a 12,000 foot pass (Monark Pass) from Denver to Blue Mesa lake. The Cross Trek did awesome the whole trip, up and down mountains, no sway or breaking issues, and could pass other cars struggling up passes. The Cross Trek slowed to about 45 miles per hour on the steepest part for about 10 minutes at the top of this 12,000 foot pass. I could have ramped it up more, but chose not to push it past 4,000 rpms for this trip. But get this: average MPG for my trip? 45!!!! It seems with the continuous variable transmission it is highly efficient...which I've also found to be true when not in traffic...if you nurse the gas peddle, I can get up to 50 mpg. With traffic it drops to 32 or less around town in stop and go lights etc. I used a Curtis hitch. Loving the CrossTrek!!!
    Wow glad to hear I'm getting a livinlite quicksilver trailer that weighs 1080 lbs and about 150-200 lbs of gear in and on the trailer I was worried at 1300 lbs but now not so much. Do you have trailer brakes? Mine will so stopping won't be an issue I was worried about hills as I go over the sierras twice a year @7200 feet thanks again for your post mike

Quote Originally Posted by margaritaville View Post
    Rustic Trails Teardrops. They are in Westfeild, NC. The owner/builder is Jonathon and he builds them out of him home.

Rustic Trail Teardrops
    Just got one of his older models used. Really like the guy and his work.
    Andy.jpg
    Got a question. Does anyone change your fuel for towing trailers? Going premium help the little engine out?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7